Welcome from the COUNSELOR’S CORNER
I am very excited to start my 20th year here at South Pike High School. I am a 1994 South Pike High School graduate and a 1998 and a 2000 graduate of Alcorn State University. I am here to provide services to ALL students to be successful academically, socially, emotionally and behaviorally so that they may approach their education endeavors without obstacles. Services to students include Individual and Small Group Counseling and Classroom Guidance. In addition to working directly with our children, I consult and collaborate with our teachers and parents regarding developmental concerns on a case by case need through Administrative Planning Team meetings and parent/teacher conferences. I also coordinate, design and implement special projects which target a variety of academic and personal/social life skills and concepts.
Special projects include:
- Scholarship Search Committees
- College Campus Tours
- Scholarships / Recommendation Letters / Community Service
- Dual Credit Evaluations and Enrollment
- MS Scholars and MS Tech Master Scholars Program
- College Recruitment and Admissions Process
- College Admission Recruiter(s) and United States Armed Forces Presentations
- ASVAB Testing
- Voter's Registration Drive
- Financial Aid Night
- Annual Blood Drive(s)
- Magnolia Electric Youth Program
- Annual College Fair
My ultimate goal is to support ALL students by addressing their growing needs, and by facilitating their acquirement of knowledge and skills necessary to become college and career ready, both in school and throughout life.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact me at 601-783-0420 or by email at email@example.com I am looking forward to a boundless year!
“Dream Big and Soar to New Heights”
Tyrone D. Varnado, M.Ed.